SQL Token -905 : You can't run any longer

My first -905, not a good feeling for a DBA - but yes, good feeling that I got this error for my blog post. I ran a DSNTEP2 job to perform a SELECT COUNT(*) on my TEMP_TABLE which contained about 10M rows for testing run times, I locked the session thinking it's going to take a while, by the time I resumed work - I got this beautiful error :


-905_SQL_Code


Resolution :


I need to contact the capacity management team to increase my ASU time limit. I rather opted to run the query on a table that contained 100K rows and completed my tests. But if this strikes your job, don't spend much time rerunning or trying to find a fix - contact your support staff who is responsible for increasing ASU time limits on your TSO ID.


2 comments:

  1. Had never before seen a -905 on a query by JCL, this usually appears to me my in QMF queries. Anyway, I prefer to optimize first the query with the explain and then launch the JCL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with your Rubén about optimizing the query first prior to the launch

    ReplyDelete